From the OLD, OLD, OOOOOLD archives, here are some of my favorites. Please share your favorite memories in honor of my sometime-around-now 5th anniversary of blogging. (Note: The posts chosen below represent recovered posts from October 2002 through the end of 2004.)
- yay. – my oldest recovered post (although I actually started in/around September 2002)
- Hobo Art – one of the few lingering hobo related memories from my site (I can’t find the rest of the oldest posts)
- Holy Expletive, look at that squirrel!
- Tired Road – a poem about the time I pulled a 540 degree turn on the interstate at 70mph while trying to take Alien Ant Farm out of the CD player in my blue ’92 Ford Escort hatchback
- Grits – Ooh Aah lyrics – this song will always be awesome
- Modiglian – my favorite memories of this poem are of sitting in Jenny’s dorm room in Kaufmann and trying to read through it without running out of breath. At various points I remember Jake, Jenny, Rachel, and 4L all giving it a shot. Rachel got through the whole thing in one go.
- KJ-52 Followup – the only KJ-52 post I still have
- Valentine’s Special: Date the Jake – ladies, he’s still single! Waste no time, date the Jake NOW!
- Still Waiting – leaning towards emo?
- Jax STP 2004 – oh, the memories
As a brief update on the situation with the archives, I’m still missing a lot of old posts and there’s about six months from January 2005 through June 2005 that I probably won’t be able to recover due to an error in my backup of those months. But please enjoy the ones that have come back! Also, I’ve done my best to edit the archives to remove any full names (other than maybe Double-J and Luebbe and a couple references to Jake). If you want your name further hidden or expunged from any specific post, let me know.